Saturday, December 25, 2010

One, Two, Three.... Happy!

FIRST, there was this fabulous cream colored silk shantung that Jill gave me for Christmas last year.

Happy me!  Gorgeous fabric is delightful.  I played around with it, washing and drying it to give it a bit of crinkle.  And I started to get ideas and visions.....


SECOND,
I designed and made a fabulous two-piece dress to show off the silk:



[a bunch of steps here, involving posting the dress in Morgan's and my etsy shop, connecting with the perfect customer out in Portland, Oregon, re-sizing the skirt and top, shipping it to her....]



THIRD

I just discovered this in the customer-feedback part of our etsy shop this very morning, Christmas morning:

 "I had a truly fantastic experience with this merchant. Kathleen custom tailored my dream dress to fit me perfectly and shipped it off post-haste, after checking in with me a few times before she finalized the details of the dress to make sure it would meet my needs. Her customer service was absolutely top shelf and the dress is stunning! I can't recommend Kathleen highly enough for both her talent and conscientiousness. Thank you, Kathleen!"


Well, THAT feels good.  A very nice Christmas present.



And to top it off, I discovered THIS in my message box: 

 "Kathleen! Got the dress, it is FABULOUS!!! My sister is green with envy but, because she is a good sister, also helped me pick out the perfect little golden pumps with a purple undertone -- sounds weird but it's a really great complement. When I tried it on my 6 year old son stopped dead in the middle of a crying fit and said: "Wow, mom, you look so pretty. Where did you get that dress?"

In short, I loooooooooooooove it! Complete homerun. Thank you so very, very much for the perfectly tailored, magical dress and your excellent customer service! Happy holidays! xo Nancy"




THANK YOU, Jill!  THANK YOU, Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment